The philosophy of the daycare is based on the following values and beliefs:
- To provide a secure and comfortable environment within the daycare where a close relationship exists among the parents, children and the staff.
- To provide a consistent expression of warmth, acceptance, and respect from adults in the daycare.
- To promote an ever increasing sense of self-worth and self-confidence.
- To provide opportunities to extend and practice developing language skills.
- To provide opportunities for play that encourage cooperation among children,and the development of acceptable social behaviour.
- To provide opportunities for the development and strengthening of each child’s physical, gross and fine motor skills and abilities.
- To provide opportunities for the child to explore and discover a variety of multicultural customs and traditions.
- To provide opportunities for children to express creative impulses through the use of art, music and movement, and literature.
- To provide opportunities that will assist a child in making appropriate choices and develop problem-solving skills.
- To provide the child opportunities to develop a sense of wonder, curiosity, and discovery.
© 2020 West Point Grey Daycare Society