If you or an authorized listed person cannot pick up your child, you must contact the Centre to authorize an alternate person to pick your child up. The person must present picture identification upon arrival. If you have not previously authorized a person to pick-up your child and we are not able to reach you, your child will not be release.
Late fines apply to a family when their child is picked up any time after 5:05 p.m. Our pick-up rules work as follows:
From 5:05 to 5:15 you will be automatically charged $10 per minute to be deducted by direct deposit. Unfortunately, no exceptions will be made and staff members will not engage into a discussion with parents regarding late fees. It is your responsibility to be on time.
If you fail to show up by 5:15pm the following will immediately apply:
- First time – you will receive a verbal warning,
- Second time – you will receive warning in writing
- Third time – a termination notice will be given and you will have thirty days (30) to find a new daycare centre.
In the event that you have not contacted the staff, the procedure is as follows:
- A staff member will phone your home and place of employment. If there is no answer, the alternate person listed on your registration form will be contacted.
- If no one can be contacted by 6:00 p.m., the Ministry of Children and Families will be called to come and pick up your child. You may contact the Ministry at 604-660-4927.
Children will not be sent home in taxis, nor will they be driven home by staff.
If our pick-up rules are not followed, the child’s space in the daycare may be terminated, and the family will be required to pay one (1) month’s fee in lieu of notice.
Children will not be released from the daycare to anyone appearing impaired or not physically or mentally fit either by alcohol, drugs, shock, or due to an accident or illness.
The staff will use their own judgment to safely assess the situation and protect the children involved.
© 2018 West Point Grey Daycare Society