West Point Grey Daycare’s license allows for 12 children per day. While we are mindful and understanding of the difficulties families face trying to place their child in a group license daycare in Vancouver, please note that we are unable to give you a specific start date, specific number on the wait list, or to guarantee that your child will be offered a space. If you choose to apply for our wait list there will be a wait time of a minimum of 6 months (usually it takes 12 months) and we will not be able to offer or confirm a space until it opens up. We no longer accept applications past the age of 24 months due to our current wait times. We appreciate your understanding and patience and we also appreciate you choosing to enrol your child at West Point Grey Daycare.
Our wait list for 2019 is now CLOSED, as we have reached the maximum number of applications. We are now accepting applications for 2020 onwards. Thank you.
No e-mails confirming applications will be sent out. Once your cheque is deposited, your child has been added to the list. Cheques are deposited at the end of each month. Please contact the centre if you have any questions.
A non-refundable $25.00 wait list fee and completed application form are required to be added to the wait list. Please mail the application form and cheque to the daycare. Receipts will not be issued.
How does the Waitlist work?
- Please make your cheque payable to “West Point Grey Daycare Society”
- No refunds will be issued after your cheque has been received by the daycare
- We cannot guarantee a space for your child, however children will remain on the wait list until they are three years old and are no longer eligible for our program.
- We are unable to provide you with an estimated date of when spaces might become available due to our enrolment priority (see below) and we also cannot anticipate when families may leave our program.
- Spaces will be offered to families based on availability and the following enrolment priority:
- Existing families looking for additional days
- Siblings of children currently enrolled in our program
- Siblings of children who were previously enrolled in our program
- Fairview Baptist Church members
- All other applicants
When a space is offered
- When a space becomes available, parents will be notified by phone and a voice mail will be left if there is no answer. If we do not hear from you within forty-eight (48) hours after leaving the message, we will assume that you are no longer interested a space and your child’s name will be removed from the waiting list.
- Please make sure you have a voice mail on your phone or that your contact information is accurate. If we cannot reach you due to disconnected phones or no voice mail, we are unable to offer your child a space.
- Once the space has been offered to your child, an individual visit to the centre will be scheduled. Please read the information contained on this website before coming to visit.
- If you do not show up for your scheduled visit with no previous phone call or e-mail, the space will be offered to the next family on the wait list.
- Once you come in to visit you have until 12pm the following day to accept the space, either by phone or e-mail, if no contact is made by the family the space will be offered to the next family on our wait list.
- Once you accept the space offered, a $50 non-refundable registration fee, the Parent Agreement and a signed Pre-Authorized Debit Form for payment of daycare fees are required. Payment begins on the day the space is available without exception.
© 2019 West Point Grey Daycare Society